Your password must meet these criteria:
- Must be at least eight characters
- Must contain a mix of 3 out of the 4 possible character types:
- UPPER_CASE letters (A-Z),
- Lowercase letters (a-z),
- Numbers (0-9),
- Symbols (for example, ! @ $ % &)
- Common symbol substitutions for letters (for example, "@" for "a" and "$" for "s") should not be used
Examples of strong, secure passwords that use these new criteria:
Note: Please do not use these example passwords.
Do not reuse the same password
When resetting your password, you cannot re-use the two most recently used passwords. You may recycle passwords only after the third unique one.
All passwords will be set to expire annually, 365 days from the day the password was established. UNLV systems will prompt you to create a new password when your current password expires each year. At that time, you will be required to set up a new password that meets the above complexity requirements, and you may not re-use the previous two passwords.