Most of the links below will direct you to the Canvas guides for students. You can also join the Student Orientation course in Canvas by clicking here. Please note that some settings/features may not be available at our institution.
A quick guide to getting started is available for your convenience, please click this link to begin.
- How do I view my favorite classes in Canvas?
- How do I use the Dashboard in Canvas?
- How do I use the course Home page?
- How do I customize my Courses list as a student?
Assignments & Quizzes
- How can I keep track of due dates in all of my courses?
- How do I submit assignments?
- How do I submit a Turnitin assignment?
- How do I view the similarity report for my Turnitin assignment?
- How do I view instructor feedback for my Canvas assignment or my Turnitin assignment?
- How do I submit quizzes?
- An overview on LockDown Browser
- How do I use LockDown Browser?
How do I insert a math equation using the Rich Content Editor?
Instructors and students can use either Canvas' equation editor or an external tool, EquatIO, to insert math equations or scientific formulas into various areas in WebCampus-Canvas. Both features can be accessed via Canvas' Rich Content Editor which is available in tools such as assignments, discussions, and quizzes.
EquatIO allows you to use more advanced features such as speech input for generating equations, more advanced math functions, scientific calculations, and predictive formula. Additional information on how to use both tools can be found below.
Canvas' Equation Editor
- Click on the EquatIO Icon (blue diamond) in the Rich Content Editor toolbar.
- The EquatIO window will appear where you can create your equation.
- Once you are done generating your equation, click on Insert Math to insert the equation into Canvas.
EquatIO Video Tutorials: