Below are a list of known issues with Canvas. Click on the item below to view more details regarding the issue and suggested fixes/workarounds:
Various Issues - Chromebooks
Browser Impacted: Chrome
Issue: Users are experiencing issues accessing Canvas and/or accessing content files using the Google Chrome browser
Suggested Workaround: Download Firefox from the Google Play Store
Turnitin: Safari or Canvas Student mobile app users - Sorry we could not process your request error message
Browser impacted: Safari & Canvas Student mobile App
Issue: When clicking on a Turnitin assignment using Safari or the Canvas Student app, users are seeing a Sorry, we could not process your request error message.
For Canvas mobile app users, you must use a desktop or laptop computer to submit your Turnitin assignment as submissions via the Canvas student app are not supported.
For Safari users: Clear browser cookies (see instructions below)
- Click on Safari menu item and select Preferences
- Click on Privacy
- Click on Manage Website data...
- Search for Turnitin and select it from the list
- Click Remove
- Close/quit all browser windows and relaunch Safari
If clearing Safari cookies/cache does not resolve the issue, try another browser like Chrome or Firefox
Insecure content: Multiple browsers - "You are trying to launch insecure content from within a secure site (Canvas). Some internet browsers may prevent this content from loading."
Browser Impacted: Chrome, Firefox
Issue: Page will not load content as expected
Fix: Disable protection and enable Flash
- Click the Show Site Information Icon on the upper left URL bar next to the Lock.
- Click the arrow to the right of Secure Connection(this should display in green)
- Select the Disable Protection for Now button.
- Click the Folder icon on the upper left URL bar next to the Lock
- Select Allow to run Adobe Flash
- Click the Shield icon in the upper right URL bar next to the Star
- Select the Load Scripts button
- In the upper left URL bar, you'll see "Not secure"
- Click on this and next to Flash select Allow from the drop menu
Canvas dashboard is blank & navigational menu items are not displaying
Browser Impacted: Safari (versions older than 10 or 11)
Issue: Course cards are not displaying on the dasbhoard and there are no navigational menu icons on the left
Fix: Upgrade browser to a newer version or use another browser. A list of supported browsers can be found here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/doc-10720
Lockdown Browser quizzes: The resolution of this image is too high to display message
Fix: The instructor would need to resize the image. A size of under 9 megapixels is necessary (A resolution where width x height is less than 9 million). Once the image is resized, LockDown Browser should be able to display it.