Oct. 2, 2020
On October 1, Google will integrate the Gmail, Chat, Rooms, and Meet apps together into one page on Gmail.com and in the iOS and Android apps.
- Gmail: The same email experience you know.
- Chat: Message individuals and small groups directly (Chat will replace the current Hangouts app).
- Rooms: Collaboration spaces for groups and teams.
- Meet: Create video meetings and see all upcoming video meetings.
You can access Chat and Meet directly if you prefer to use these tools as stand-alone services.
Google has also introduced new features to help simplify your work inside the new interface. You can now:
- Edit your shared Docs and assign group tasks in Rooms.
- Set your availability to ‘Do not disturb’ to help you focus on your task at hand.
- Search across email and chat messages.
To learn more about the new integrated Gmail, please visit the G Suite Learning Center.