Publishing your website to the Internet
- Log into a campus lab computer with your ACE account .
- Browse to the home directory (Y:\ drive)
- Create a folder named public_html
- Save all images and .htm/html files inside the public_html folder.
- Your homepage filename must be saved as index.htm
- The URL for your website will be:
Your username is the prefix to your Rebelmail account, which is the same as your ACE account username.
Help with publishing
The IT Help Desk and computer lab assistants can ensure you have access to your folder and account. You can build webpages by using HTML or via a website development software like Dreamweaver and Frontpage. Before buying the software, see if it's offered at a discount to UNLV students.
UNLV's Division of Educational Outreach offers courses on website publishing. You can also access Lynda.com's online video tutorials with your ACE account.
Student Organization Websites
To launch a student organization website on behalf of UNLV students, register your organization with Student Involvement & Activities. As part of the registration process, you will be assigned a space where you can publish information to web portal. Contact Get Involved at 895-4610. SORCE, a group that works within the Get Involved department, will give you space in Orgsync, the student organization portal.