Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a program from Microsoft that offers professional developer tools, software, and services to students and faculty at no cost for academic use. Users can create and develop apps, games, and websites. Titles and versions available through this program change every year.
Create a New Account
Step 1: Checking Office 365 Account
UNLV faculty and students must sign-up for an Office 365 account using their UNLV email to gain access to Azure Dev Tools for Teaching. UNLV users can self-register for an Office 365 account at www.it.unlv.edu/software/microsoft-office. Students and faculty must sign up for an Office 365 account with their RebelMail or UNLVMail email to access Azure Dev Tools for Teaching.Set Up Office 365 Account
Step 2: Enroll in Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Once you have a valid Office 365 account using a UNLVMail or Rebelmail email address, you can then enroll in Azure Dev Tools for Teaching.
- Go to Azure Dev Tools for Teaching enrollment.
- Select Sign In.
- When prompted, sign in with your Office 365 account using a UNLVMail or Rebelmail email address.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the enrollment process and accept the Terms and Conditions to activate your account for the program.
Once you are enrolled in the program, software is available though the Education Hub in Microsoft Azure.
- Go to portal.azure.com.
- Search for Education.
- Select Education in the search results.
- In the Education Hub, select Software in the left menu. Then the list of eligible software is displayed in the right blade.
- Select the software you wish to download and use. Instructions and applicable license keys will appear in the blade that appears on the right.
Is training available?
Additional information about the Azure Dev Tools for Teaching program can be found in the UNLV Office of Information Technology Knowledge Base.Access Knowledge Base