You are here
10 Tech Tips to Know for Your First Week
As an incoming first-year student, it is inevitable that you will have questions about campus technology. “How do I get WiFi? Where do I go to get my class assignments? Who do I contact for help with my device?” Luckily, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) put together a list of 10 tips to get you through the first week of school.
- Got a technology question? The IT Help Desk has the answer. They can assist with password resets, wireless access, and other computing problems. Contact them at 702-895-0777.
- Memorize your ACE username and password. You will need these to access a number of UNLV services and resources.
- Connect to eduroam for a secure, seamless connection to WiFi on campus and at thousands of participating institutions across the world.
- View your class schedule in MyUNLV.
- Sign in to Webcampus to check your class syllabus, assignments, and discussions.
- Need to check your email or print something before class? Find a computer lab nearest you.
- Subscribe to the status page for real-time campus technology updates. You can also follow OIT on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube for news and information.
- Unlock special discounts when you use RebelCash at partnering on- and off-campus merchants. Simply deposit money on your RebelCard at one of the deposit machines on campus, inside the RebelCard office, or online.
- Install software on your computer. Remember, UNLV offers more than 100 free or discounted software for you to use.
- Take advantage of free online training. The library includes software, business, and creative skills courses.
“We understand that the first week of the semester can be overwhelming,” said Laura Gardner, IT Help Desk supervisor. “The IT Help Desk is here to make the transition to UNLV a less stressful experience. With our dedication to service, technology is one less thing you have to worry about.”
This information is not limited to your first week on campus. In fact, the tips can be used throughout their academic career at UNLV. OIT recommends to bookmark them for future reference, or visit the IT website for more information on campus technology.