You may have been advised that to work remotely you need to use VPN (Virtual Private Network)*. Most of you do NOT need VPN.
VPN is a very limited shared resources and is not necessary for:
- Accessing your X:\ or Y:\ network drive: Use Rebelfiles instead. You can log in with your ACE account.
- Accessing Google Drive on the UNLVMail or Rebelmail domains
- Accessing WorkDay
- Accessing WebCampus
- Accessing UNLVMail or Rebelmail email
- Accessing library databases. Use your ACE account to log in.
- Using WebEx
VPN may be required to access the following resources:
- Specialized access to servers and databases located on campus
- Access to secure data with network restrictions
- Remote accessing your campus desktop. NOTE: Remote desktop access requires advanced configuration, including reserving an IP address, disabling power-saving features, and enabling RDP on the desktop. VPN access alone will not enable remote desktop access.
There are a limited number of concurrent VPN sessions available. Please only connect to VPN while you are accessing a resource that requires it and remember to disconnect once you have completed your work.
If you need a VPN connection, please submit a request and include a description of what campus resource you need to access with VPN.
If you have other needs related to working remotely, the Teaching and Working Remotely website is available and includes web-based training and support resources.
Please help us ensure that those who need VPN have the access they need when they need it.