Webex will be releasing two updates in September, each with numerous enhancements to the Webex meeting and teaching experience.
You must update your desktop app for each update. View instructions for updating your desktop app.
New Features and Updates Available Tuesday, September 8:
- An updated in-meeting experience, which includes an optimized preview window, meeting control layout, and easier access to control panels.
- Expanded meeting background options. Choose a new background or blur your background from any device!
- Grid View will be the default setting for your meetings when content is not being shared.
- If you are sharing your screen, you can confirm that you are sharing the correct content with your attendees.
New Features and Updates Available Tuesday, September 15:
- Webex Meeting Center will offer video-centric breakout rooms. Previously, only Webex Training Center offered breakout session options.
- A new co-host role will be available for hosts to assign to eligible users before, or during, a meeting. Co-hosts share host-level privileges, such as muting and unmuting other participants, admitting or dismissing participants, and more.
- You will be able to choose “Grid View” as a recording layout in your Webex preferences. This will allow viewers of your future Webex recordings to see all participants in a grid when content is not being shared.
We hope these features help you host better virtual meetings with your colleagues and a better learning experience with your students.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with Webex, please see our UNLV Webex Video Conferencing web page or contact the IT Help Desk.